While there are certainly many nation-wide trends hitting the San Antonio market, these 5 remodeling trends seem to be the hottest:
1. Natural Stone isn’t going away anytime soon. South Texas residents have always loved the use of natural stone for flooring, accent walls, exterior walls, and counters. Other materials are often mixed in with natural stone products but only as accents.
2. Large Showers seem to be taking over bathrooms in San Antonio. Everything is bigger in Texas and so are the showers. Clients are asking for showers that can accommodate multiple shower heads and body-spray stations. Typically these larger showers are at least 48″ wide and 72″ long with multiple entries.
3. Single Basin Sinks are the new sink of choice in kitchens. Gone are the days of needing a drying or soaking area offered by double basin sinks. Many popular sink manufactures offer large and deep single basin sinks that can fit large pots and pans without the need to flip and turn them for proper washing.
4. Eclectic Design is replacing most of the matchy-matchy feeling of the past few years design choices. Blending of textures, colors, wood-species, and finishes is a great way to make a space feel unique.
5. Granite Counters are on their way out. Quartz seems to have replaced granite in the most requested countertop surface in kitchens and bathrooms. Particularly an overly expansive line of finish offerings from Silestone has made a big push to become the leader in requested countertops.