Home automation systems have been growing in popularity over the last few years, and especially for those families with special needs. The systems are easy to use and can be integrated into any home. From communicating to keeping a watchful eye, home automation technology is helping families care and provide for kids with special needs in more ways than ever before.
Here are some ways you can utilize home automation in your own house:
- Control your air conditioning and heating
- Access video cameras inside and outside your house
- Control your home theater system
- Control your lights
- Pipe music, your TV’s audio or your voice into different rooms
- Interface with your home’s security system
- Turn on and off any appliance
- Open doors, windows, blinds, curtains, and other motorized entry/exit components, like your garage door
All of these can be controlled with the touch of a button. You can control the systems with your iPhone, iPad, computer, from outside your house, or automatically based on a schedule. It helps keep a watchful eye over your home when you’re away and also helps those individuals with special needs to have a sense of independence.